Ever wondered why does your dog tend to eat grass when you take him out for his walk?
- Become a vegetarian??
- Some of the possible reason behind your dog’s tendency to eat grass could be:
- Unmet nutritional needs
- Aiding digestion
- Presence of intestinal worms
- The need for fiber intake
- Your dog just likes the taste of grass..!!
Your dog might also eat grass to purposefully induce vomiting. Eating a lot of grass without properly chewing tickles the side of their throat causing vomiting. Dogs generally tend to display such behaviour if they have eaten something which makes them feel ill.
This depends on a multitude of factors like
- Does your dog eat grass obsessively?
- Is it a once in a while behavior?
- Is he/she doing it out of boredom?
In case eating grass is an occasional behavior:
- weight loss