Topics covered in this blog post
This year spend Valentine’s Day with your dogs and make it extra special for all of you.
Your furry baby loves you 24/7 of the 365 days a year. You are their whole world. You may have other people in your life, but in their life, you are the only one. So, this upcoming Valentine’s Day, make life amazing not only for yourself and your loved one but also for your adorable pup. You know you love them to the moon and back. Why not use this eve to show them exactly how much?
Here, I have come up with a list of some super special Valentine’s Day activities you can share with your dogs and make this 14th February extra memorable:
Do what your pup loves most: No one knows what your pup loves to do better than you. This Valentine’s Day, engage in their favourite activities with them. My boy is an absolute cuddle bug and loves to be kissed. So this Valentine’s Day I am going to smother him with more kisses than I can count.
Lot’s of together playtime: Do the thing that your pups love most. Spend time with them. Play fetch, make them chase you, tug of war, treasure hunt etc. Make the day extra special by providing loads of engagement to your boy/girl.
Make or order Valentine’s day special doggie treats: We all know that our fur kids are a die-hard fan of treats. Why not order special pup-cakes, dog-friendly cake or treats from the pet bakery shop? Or even better, you can make them at home. There are so many recipes for dog treats and cakes available online with a variety of ingredients, ranging from simple to complex. Pick and choose anyone you like and get baking. If you have never baked before, I’d advise you to do a trial run once before Valentine’s Day so that everything goes picture pawfect on the special day.
Pictures, pictures and lots of pictures: A special day can never be complete without clicking a ton of pictures. So get your camera/ DSLR/ smartphone out, get that selfie stick and start clicking away. You can even do a full week Valentine photoshoot. Start clicking random pictures a week before and continue till Valentine’s Day. You can either get a professional photographer or take the pictures yourself whichever way you prefer. Later on, you can use all these pictures to make a beautiful collage and hang it on the wall.
|Pictures are never enough|
- Buy new clothes: Everyone loves to dress up on Valentine’s Day. This Valentine’s Day, get your pooch a special Valentine’s Day collar (the bow tie collar would look absolutely gorgeous on your pup) or a T-shirt with hearts on it. Imagine, how cute your pup will look wearing such clothes. These apparels can even be used for densely coated dogs. I would not support Valentine costumes as they would not make your pup feel very comfortable.
- Give your pup a massage: Even writing about this makes me feel sleepy. Who does not love a good massage? Delta (my boy) falls asleep within minutes after a good coconut oil massage (Read more about the benefits of coconut oil for your pup). They do so much exercise throughout the day, a massage is a heavenly treat for them.
- Buy them new toys: This Valentine, take your pups to the pet mart and let them choose their own toys. What’s more fun than watching your pup decide between different toys. It makes them so happy and in turn, will make you happy.
- Watch a movie with your pup: If your pup has a favourite movie, when is a better time to watch it with him/her than Valentine’s Day? Pop on your pyjamas, get a bucket of popcorn for yourself, some treats for your pup, cuddle up and watch his/her favourite movie.
- Make a mixtape for your pup: It is true, that your dog may not understand the lyrics of a song, but trust me, your dog will definitely love a mixtape of slow songs and classical music. Music has been shown to keep dogs calm and reduce stress.
- Make it a spa day: This you can do for both yourself as well as your pup. Pamper yourself to a spa session and send your pup to the groomers. Your pup will love the fresh feel and so will you.
|Your dog will feel amazingly fresh after a spa day|
- Donate to a shelter: Not every dog is as lucky as yours. So many of them are still waiting at the shelter for their forever family to arrive and take them home. If you can, buy some treats and toys and donate it to your nearby shelter.
- Visit a pet-friendly resort: If you have the day off you can pre-book a resort which allows pets and spend the day relaxing with your fur kid. You can even turn it into a mini family vacation. Your pup can make new friends and have an absolutely fun day time away from home.
- Organise a Valentine special playdate: Invite the friends of your pup to your place or to a dog park and have a special valentine playdate with lots of treats, pup cakes and of course toys.
- Make paw paintings: You can make this day immortal by doing some paw paintings with your dog. For this, you can either use non-toxic paints specifically designed for children or baby-safe ink pads. Dip your pup’s paw into the paint and then on to the paper. Yes, it will be messy, but where is the fun in being clean all the time?
- Go to the beach: In case you live near a beach, you must know how much your pup loves to run on the sand. So give your kid and yourself a treat. Get out to the beach and have lots of fun. Take a sunbath, run around and play in the water.
|Go to the beach|
Now that you have so many ideas which you can use to make your Valentine’s Day or any day extra special with your pup, let me know in the comments section which idea you loved the most and what are your plans for this 14th February. If you have some ideas which are not listed here, feel free to put them down in the comment section and share with all of us
I would like to thank you for taking time off and reading this blog post and also for taking such amazing care of your fur baby.