Let’s explore the benefits of adding coconut oil to your dog’s daily routine.
Coconut oil for dogs skin:
When ingested is diet:
When applied topically:
- Prevents yeast and fungal contact with your dog’s skin.
- Soothes irritated skin, sting, bites, heals cracked paws, abrasions and hot spots.
- Prevents flaking and adds moisture to the skin.
- Keeps your dog’s nails healthy and strong.
- Keeps the fur smooth, soft and prevents the development of bad odor.
- Can act as a natural detangling agent when dealing with matted fur and tangles.
- Prevent excessive shedding by relieving the itch due to allergy mediated skin conditions.
- Acts as a key ingredient for the DIY dog paw balm (link present in the section of coconut oil for dogs paw pads).
How to use on skin:
Coconut oil for dogs fur
For a shinier coat
To prevent shedding
Coconut oil for fleas
Coconut oil for dogs eyes:
Coconut oil for dog tear stains:
Coconut oil for treating small wounds in dogs
Coconut oil for ear care
How to use coconut oil on dog ears?
Coconut oil for ear mites
Coconut oil for dry dog nose
Coconut oil as an antioxidant
Coconut oil for dogs teeth
How to use coconut oil on teeth of dogs?
- You can apply some coconut oil to a slightly damp gauze piece or a soft toothbrush and brush your dog’s teeth gently.
- To target bad breath, add a few drops (1-2) of parsley oil to the toothbrush along with coconut oil.
- You can make a home-made pro-biotic mouthwash for your pup by mixing a human pro-biotic capsule supplement with 1 tablespoon of kefir or coconut milk and provide it to your pup as a post-meal supplement.
Coconut oil for dogs paws:
Coconut oil for dogs brain
Coconut oil for dog seizures
Coconut oil for dog constipation:
Coconut oil for kennel cough:
Coconut oil for dogs joints:
For dog arthritis
Coconut oil for puppies
Other amazing benefits of coconut oil
- Helps balance insulin levels
- Boosts your pup’s immune system
- Helps control body weight
Coconut oil for dogs dosage
How much coconut oil to add in your dog’s diet?
Which coconut oil to use?
Frequently asked questions:
Coconut oil is safe for both puppies as well as adult dogs. Just make sure that you get the right kind of coconut oil for your dog. Always go for the 100% unrefined virgin coconut oil for your dog or puppy.
Yes coconut oil has both antimicrobial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which will prevent the yeast from growing further and also kill the existing yeast infection in your dog.
It is recommended to use coconut oil to prevent drying of your dog’s nose. Coconut oil is also safe for your dog to lick off. Therefore, coconut oil can be used on your dog’s nose.
Yes, coconut oil is a great natural remedy for the treatment of dog sores, be it on their skin or paws. Its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties make it a great candidate for treatment of dog sores.
Coconut oil has a variety of benefits for dogs like:
Prevents fleas and ear mites
Improves the dog’s intelligence
Boosts the immunity
Removes bad breath
Makes the coat shiny and soft
to name a few.
Coconut oil should be given to dogs in moderate quantities. Too much coconut oil can cause diarrhea in dogs.